10 Ways to Clear and Balance Your Heart Chakra
If you feel you’d benefit from clearing your heart chakra, there are many practical, every-day things that you can do. Here are ten ideas:
- Get out in nature. Take a hike or meditate outdoors. Be deeply aware of the birds.
- Spend time with small children or your animal companions. Get down on their level. Follow their lead. (As a dog lover, I think that most dogs have a lot to teach us about unconditional love and can be great models for opening our heart chakra.)
- Do your best to forgive someone. Just let it go. Then make a list of everyone you can think of who loves you or has loved you—living or dead. Love is always current, always present, even when a relationship has “ended” or a person has died. Let the love sink in. Try to keep the awareness of being loved in the forefront of your heart all day, like a warm glow.
- Perform an anonymous “random act of kindness” every day for a week. Notice how it makes you feel.
- Declare a “gratitude day.” Spend the whole day noticing everything that you have to be grateful for. If you find yourself slipping into any attitude or frame of mind that isn’t gratitude, gently guide yourself back. In your journal, write down your “gratitudes.” Express thanks and appreciation to as many people as you can. Go to sleep grateful.
- Reconnect with an old, dear friend. Let them know what they’ve meant to you.
- Volunteer at a food bank or homeless shelter. Withhold judgment; try to learn something from and see the divine spark within everyone you seek to help.
- Use the heart chakra essential oils of rose, geranium, neroli, melissa, sandalwood, chamomile, ylang ylang or jasmine.
- Wear or decorate a room in a shade of green or pink that feels pleasing and healing to you.